Adult High School Diploma Program
Our diploma program gives you the option to take up where you left off in school. The core diploma courses are available on Tuesdays & Thursdays during the day. These courses are scheduled in two 17-week semesters. Taking advantage of this option you can earn as many as eight credits in one year dedicating at least one day a week for classes and additional study time at home and/or at one of our learning centers.
What does the program look like?
- A daytime one day a week program
- Credit for out of out-of-school activities
- Courses for Diploma
- Opportunity to demonstrate competency for some credits
- Graduation Ceremony
- Educational and career advising
How do I get my credits?
- Credits earned at high schools or other educational institutions.
- Adult Education course offerings
- Out-of-School credits can be awarded for job training and other educational experiences as approved by the director (community courses, work related training, volunteer experiences)
- Work experience One credit awarded for three consecutive years of work experience in one occupation, two credits for five years of work experience in no more than two occupations (2-credit limit.)
- Correspondence School Credits for approved correspondence schools (2-credit limit.)
- Military Service One credit awarded for two successive years of military service or six years of service in National Guard Reserves.
- Community Service One credit awarded for 45 hours of community service with a non-profit organization approved in advance by the director.
Find out more about the G.E.D. program