Families at Work
--a proud recipient of a Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy grant.
Families at Work provides services to support families in achieving success in life, in work and at school. We believe in the rewarding work involved with growing healthy, happy and self sufficient families.
Is Families at Work for you?
- Do you want to continue your education?
- Do you have a child younger than eight years old?
- Do you want your child to participate in early learning opportunities to ensure her/his success?
- Do you want ideas for how you can support your child’s learning and education?
- Do you want ideas for fun and educational activities to do with your kids?
- Do you want to join other families in celebrating the seasons of the year by coming to family activities organized with your input?
What is involved with the program?
Adults receive services from this menu of offerings:
- Tutoring in Reading, Writing and Math
- G.E.D. Diploma
- High School Diploma
- English Language Learning
- College Preparation
- Office Skills Certificate program
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate program
- Computer Training
- Career Counseling
- Workforce Training & Retraining
- Get information about your child’s developmental stages
- Share ideas about pre-reading activities for your childre
- Find resources to support your family in reaching their goals
- Get ideas about how to advocate for your family and your children
Children participate in programs that support learning and educational success from this menu of options:
- Early learning programs
- Pre-school programs
- Reading, writing and math programs
- After school programs
- Full family activities that promote learning
- Free, fun family activities
- Support juggling family responsibilities
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with other families with young children
- Sharing ideas for spending quality time with your family
How do I start? Who do I call? What can I expect?
- To learn more about our services call 667-6499 to make an appointment with one of our student advisors.
- You’ll meet with someone to assess your family’s learning and tailor a program specifically for you.
- You will participate in adult education services, your child will participate in early childhood education services and you’ll get the support you need to juggle your family’s needs and your education.
- Your family will have the opportunity to join with other families for Family Fun activities on a regular basis.
- As you proceed in the program our family literacy teacher will support you by answering questions, coaching you, providing services.
- After a few months you’ll have the chance to be assessed again to see the learning achievements of yourself and your children.
- At the end of the year we’ll have a celebration of all the family achievements in our program.
Families at Work is a Collaboration
Child & Family Opportunities
Downeast Health Services
Eastern Maine Development Corporation
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Regional School Unit 24
Special Childrens Friends
For more information contact email@example.com or call 207.667.6499.