This session is in person classes & labs in Sullivan Nov 2-APril 2024.
CMA certification is an ideal step if you are considering a nursing degree or an entry-level clinical position. Take the next step in your healthcare career!
Clinical Medical Assitants (CMA) are an essential role in healthcare and are in high demand locally!
CMAs work with providers mainly in outpatient facilities; they are a critical part of a patient’s care team.
Our CCMA program provides instruction, lab practice, and hands-on training. Externships are completed at the end of the course.
CMA training includes:
- Administrative and clinical duties
- Preparing patients for examinations and treatment
- Updating medical records - EMR
- Taking and documenting vital signs
- Routine lab procedures
- Diagnostic testing, including EKG
- Basic phlebotomy and the cardiac life cycle
- Workplace expectations and professionalism
- Training includes an externship prior to employment
Additional CCMA courses include: Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, and Medical Math.
Please call for more information or download a CCMA application here.
**Payment is not required at the time of registration here. Scholarships and financial assistance available. Thanks to a DOL grant, we are able to offer this course at a reduced cost and have additional financial aid available.
If our classes don’t fit your schedule, call us about Winter/Spring options with RSU 25 Adult Education.